Who Do I See for an Autoimmune Disorder?

Who Treats Autoimmune Disorders?

Autoimmune disease treatment varies from patient to patient, and patients may need more than one doctor to care for them. While some people may need one doctor to manage their disease, other people may require a team of doctors.
Specialists who can help treat autoimmune disease may include:
  • An endocrinologist, who treats gland and hormone problems. These include diabetes and thyroid disease.
  • A hematologist, who treats diseases that affect the blood. These include pernicious anemia and autoimmune hemolytic anemia.
  • A dermatologist, who treats problems of the skin, hair, and nails. These include psoriasis, pemphigus/pemphigoid, and alopecia areata.
  • A nephrologist, who treats kidney problems. These include glomerulonephritis (inflamed kidneys associated with lupus).
Top Foods to Fight Inflammation

Autoimmune Disease

Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.