Understanding the Risks With Benlysta
Drug InteractionsBenlysta may react with a few other medicines (see Benlysta Drug Interactions).
Talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Cancer (or have had cancer in the past)
- A history of tuberculosis
- An infection of any kind, including a viral, fungal, or bacterial infection
- A weakened immune system due to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), or any other cause
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Benlysta and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Benlysta and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Benlysta Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Benlysta?It is not entirely clear what to expect from an overdose with Benlysta. Seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have used too much.
(Click Benlysta Overdose for more information.)