Serious Reactions to Benlysta
Some Benlysta side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of infection, such as:
- Aches and pains
- Swollen glands in the neck, armpits, or groin
- Any skin changes, such as:
- Changes in the color or size of moles (medications like Benlysta can, at least theoretically, increase the risk of skin cancer)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects of Benlysta listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any adverse reactions while using the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Benlysta, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.