The specific dosage of Ilaris you receive will depend on factors such as your age, weight, and how you respond to the medicine. This drug comes as an injection that is given subcutaneously once every eight weeks. It is normally administered by a healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic.
Interested in a Discount on Ilaris?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
The dose of Ilaris® (canakinumab) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your weight
- How you respond to the medication.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The usual dose of Ilaris for the treatment of cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes (CAPS) in people who weigh more than 40 kg (88 pounds) is 150 mg every eight weeks. The usual dosage in people who weigh between 15 kg and 40 kg (33 to 88 pounds) is 2 mg per kg body weight (about 0.91 mg per pound) every eight weeks.
This amount may be increased to 3 mg per kg (about 1.36 mg per pound) in children weighing 15 kg to 40 kg who do not adequately respond to the lower dose.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Ilaris include the following:
- This medication is given as an injection just under the skin (subcutaneously) once every eight weeks.
- Your Ilaris injection is normally given by your healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic. It may also be given in your home by a visiting nurse.
- The vial should be inspected before use. This medication should not be used if the vial contains particles.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Try to keep all of your appointments to receive Ilaris.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Ilaris dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.