Ilaris Side Effects
Clinical research has shown that the most commonly reported side effects of Ilaris include diarrhea, nausea, and symptoms of the common cold. In most cases, however, reactions to this medicine are minor and easy to treat. However, it is important to contact your healthcare provider right away if you experience fever, difficulty breathing, abnormal bleeding, or any other potentially serious problem.
An Introduction to Ilaris Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Ilaris® (canakinumab) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Ilaris. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects With IlarisIlaris has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people who received the drug were carefully documented, so it was possible to see what side effects occurred and how often they appeared.
In these studies, the most common reactions to Ilaris included but were not limited to:
- An infection (of any type) -- in up to 54.8 percent of people
- Symptoms of the common cold -- up to 34 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 20 percent
- The flu (influenza) -- up to 17 percent
- A runny nose -- up to 17 percent
- Stomach pain (abdominal pain) -- up to 16 percent
- Nausea -- up to 14 percent
- Headache -- up to 14 percent
- Skin reaction at the injection site – up to 12 percent
- Coughing -- up to 11 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 11 percent
- Sore throat -- up to 11 percent
- Weight gain -- up to 11 percent
- Pain -- up to 11 percent
- Whirling or spinning sensations (vertigo) -- up to 11 percent.