Diseases Home > When Is Medical Treatment Necessary for Diaper Dermatitis?
When to Call Your Healthcare Provider
- Is less than one month old and the rash looks like tiny water blisters or pimples in a cluster
- Has a fever above 100.4ºF or 38ºC
- Has bloody stool
- Has a change in the pattern of dirty or wet diapers (such as diarrhea, constipation, or increased urination)
- Looks or acts very sick.
- Becomes bright red, with red bumps around the diaper area
- Has grown so that it is now visible in the skin folds
- Has spread beyond the immediate diaper area
- Is very raw, bleeds, or develops open sores
- Does not improve after three days of home treatment.