Diseases Home > Important Information on Ilaris
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Ilaris include the following:
- This medication is given as an injection just under the skin (subcutaneously) once every eight weeks for CAPS or every four weeks for SJIA.
- Your Ilaris injection is normally given by your healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic. It may also be given in your home by a visiting nurse.
- The vial should be inspected before use. This medication should not be used if the vial contains particles.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Try to keep all of your appointments to receive Ilaris.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Ilaris your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The condition being treated
- Your age
- Your weight
- How you respond to the medication.